Children's Social Care Case Supervisor
KEY BENEFITS – WHY WORK FOR NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE
- Strong management support from a leadership team committed to developing and driving excellence in practice across Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of our support and intervention
- Professional development, pathways and programmes to support you to develop your knowledge and skills and to give you the best opportunity to achieve your potential
- Commitment to reducing the demand for Social Care and supporting families with the Early Help provision
- Excellent working relationships with Locality and Early Help Managers to deliver better services
- Access to mentoring and/or coaching
- Access to wider support and employee assistance
- A commitment to effective and reflective supervision
- A commitment to achieving low, manageable caseloads for Social Workers
- Extensive training in the ‘Signs of Safety’ operating model and Restorative Practice approaches
- A competitive salary with generous terms, conditions and opportunities for flexible working
- Co-located with the Protecting Vulnerable Persons Unit, improving partnership working with a dedicated Police Decision Maker on site
- An excellent working environment in attractive, modern offices with a seafront location in a busy and vibrant east coast resort
North East Lincolnshire Council’s Children’s Services have recently been awarded a ‘Good’ rating from Ofsted, thanks to the continuing hard work and commitment of the staff and management, and we remain committed to service improvement and putting the child at the heart of service delivery.
We have restructured to bring the Safeguarding, Families First Access Point and Through Care teams under one senior management lead to increase opportunities for seamless working and to provide better progression opportunities for all Social Care staff.
We are committed to creating, developing and maintaining a strong reflective learning culture which supports social workers to achieve excellence in practice and best outcomes for children and their families.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As Case Supervisor and first line manager, your focus will be on managing, guiding, developing and supervising a small team of dedicated Social Workers. You will lead those working directly with vulnerable children, young people and their families to make a sustainable difference to their lives, so should have a proven track record of keeping children at the centre of practice. You should be committed to excellent record keeping, have sound decision making ability, (even when there are areas of uncertainty), and high levels of integrity in practice.
Accountable for ensuring your team performs to the best of their ability, whilst demonstrating high levels of empathy and sensitivity when considering the needs of those reporting to you, you will monitor social work practices within your team through reflective supervision, observation and regular evidence based auditing and feedback. You will need excellent time management and organisational skills to manage both your own workload and to support others to manage theirs efficiently and effectively.
We are looking for committed professionals who share our ambition and can bring something to the table to help us achieve it. We need positive, confident, innovative and enthusiastic individuals, undaunted by change or challenge, invested in their own development and that of others.
At the very least, you will need an understanding of good people management as well as being able to demonstrate the skills needed to support, guide and mentor others.
Most of all, we want people who genuinely care about the work we do and the people we serve and who want to achieve the best possible results for every child. You will always want to hear the child’s voice and ensure that this is taken in to account.
This is an exciting time to join Children’s Services in North East Lincolnshire. If you are interested in finding out more about our vision for the future, the jobs on offer or what we can offer you, then please contact Julie Swinburn or Theresa Pegman on 01472 325555.
This is a 2 year fixed term post. Interviews will be held on 21st and 22nd February